- This event has passed.
TGL#3 ft. $250 Pot Bonus/Side Event/Free Pizza
February 3, 2018 @ 11:00 am - 11:55 pm CST$10
Welcome back to the 3rd installment of San Marcos Smash 4’s Regional Event, TGL!
Since this is our third installment, we’re giving those of you who buy your ticket online at texasgamerslounge.com 3 slices of free pizza! Tickets are only $10 (this means you’ve paid venue), which gives you access to 85+ freeplay games ranging from the classics all the way to the modern era of gaming!
*Venue/Ticket – $10 (either online or in person, buying in person will not award you free pizza, but online will)
*Singles entry – $5
*Side Event entry – TBD
*Pizza – $1 a slice
Doors will open at 11:00AM
Side Event will start at 12:00PM
Singles will start at 3:00PM
Venue will close at 11:55PM
Stream link for TGL: https://go.twitch.tv/texasgamerslounge
Commentators are needed! So if you would like to commentate, please let me, Ammon, Eddie, Erick, or Imran know ASAP!
Double Elimination Bracket
2 stock, 6 minutes
Customs moves are BANNED
Best 2 out of 3, (WF, LF, GF being best 3 out of 5)
TV, Wii U, GameCube adapter, all characters & DLC unlocked, and of course a copy of SSB4 = full setup. Set ups will be needed, and like I said, first 16 dedicated set ups will have venue waived!
Legal stages are split into two categories: “starter” and “counter-pick” stages. “Striking” a stage means a player eliminates a stage he/she does not want to play on. To make this easy, I will lay out the order of events of a set:
1) Players choose their characters (This is a double-blind pick.)
2) Players randomly determine who will “stage strike” first (play rock-paper-scissors or flip a coin)
3) Stage striking — out of the 5 “starter” stages, the first player strikes 1 stage, the 2nd player strikes 2 stages, and then the first player strikes 1 more stage; the last stage standing will be where you play. So the striking order is 1-2-1.
4) After the match is played, the winner chooses 1 stage to strike out of all the “starter” and “counter” stages. The loser then chooses a stage out of the remaining stages*
5) After a stage is chosen, the winner of the last match chooses his/her character first, then the loser chooses their character.
6) After this match is played and if there are matches remaining in this set, then repeat steps 4-6
*Also banning Battlefield, means banning Dreamland!*
Town and City
1. Dave’s Stupid Rule: You cannot counterpick a stage you already won on during a set. Unless both players agree to the stage pick (see rule 4)
2. Mii fighters are allowed but must use the default 1111 set
3. For the first round of a set, a player may opt for a double blind pick. (See Stage Striking Rules for details).
4. Any stage can be played on provided both players agree to it.
5. All DLC characters are legal.
6. Pausing during a match is not allowed. The player that initiated the pause is subject to losing a stock provided their opponent cares enough to bring the rule up.
Please come out to this event and show SMS some love! We have a kick ass venue for the first time in our history so we would love to see top level players from every region to come clash together for a hype event! Hope to see you guys here! If you have questions, ask me, Ammon, Eddie, Erick, or the man Imran himself!